Vault Sort Order - Inconsistent between Browser and App

I'm working on better organizing my team's vaults and wanted a way to bump less relevant vaults to the bottom of the vault list. I found that special character prefixes (e.g. a hyphen before the name) were just ignored in favor of the first alphanumeric character. I then thought I might use emoji as a prefix that would move the vault to the bottom of the list. In doing so, I found that, in the desktop app, it behaved how I had hoped and placed the vault at the bottom of the vault list. However, when I checked the vault list in the browser, the vaults with emoji prefixes were placed at the top of the list. I can figure some other approach to this, but I just wanted to bring up this inconsistency.

An example of my use case:
My team at a web design agency has separate vaults to store credentials for individual client organizations. Once active work/support for the client has ended, but when we may be called upon to fix something down the line, I'd like to archive or quasi-archive the vault for that client/project, so that it isn't cluttering the main vault, but is still available if needed. I know I can archive individual credentials, but this is not true of vaults. I figured I'd just rename the vault in such a way that it goes to the bottom of the list, so it's out of the way.

Given this Client Vault List...

• Angler Inc.
  • Bitterling LLC.
  • Carp Corporation
  • Dogfish Dynamics
  • Eel Industries

suppose Carp Corporation is no longer an active client. I'd like to rename the vault to something like "📦 Carp Corporation (Archived)" and have it end up at the bottom of the list, e.g...

• Angler Inc.
  • Bitterling LLC.
  • Dogfish Dynamics
  • Eel Industries
  • 📦 Carp Corporation (Archived)

This is what I see in the app, but "📦 Carp Corporation (Archived)" appears at the top in the browser.

I realize after having written this all out, I could just prefix the name with a 'z' and that solves my problem, so this is obviously not a huge deal if nothing comes of it, but I certainly prefer the aesthetic of a non-alphanumeric character coming before the vault name.

Anyway, any insight y'all might be able to offer would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.8.820
Extension Version: 2.1.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:Vault Sort Order - Inconsistent between Browser and App

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @nuethicpm ,
    Thanks for taking the time to write to us about this! Much appreciated.

I'll forward this input to the team for future consideration and improvements. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.