How to add a second account from a family to one laptop?

Options
Nelka
Nelka
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello 1password team,
me and my partner are using one Mac and we have 1password family membership. I wanted to have my 1password account on my Chrome browser profile and his on his profile. I managed to do that somehow in the past but every time we restart the laptop, it asks for his master password on my profile too - perhaps because he is the one logged in in 1password desktop app. This is not that big problem.
But after last time our Mac restarted I am not able to switch to my 1password account for the Chrome extension. It navigates me to open 1password app and enter my master password. But if I do I get an error: You cannot add two accounts from the same family or team.!
My question is: how to use second account from our family membership in the other Chrome profile?

1Password Version: 7.8.8
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: macOs 11.6
Referrer: forum-search:you cannot add two accounts from the same family

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nelka!

Do you by chance have integration between the desktop app and the browser extension enabled?

If it is, please try disabling that setting, so the two extensions in your browser profiles won't try to connect to the desktop app anymore, where you can only add a single 1Password account belonging to the same Family at the same time :+1:

• Nelka
    Nelka
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ana,
    thank you very much for your help. That fixed my problem.
    Just for the record I had to turn off that integration in the 1password Chrome Extension and remove the linked account from there. Because if I just clicked add another account, chose the other account from the family, filled in password I was never logged in - I just saw never ending spinning icon. Only when I also removed the other account from 1password chrome extension, I was able to add to my Chrome profile, mine 1password account.\
    Again, thank you very much for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @Nelka! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.