Full Screen mode

Hi,

I like to run most apps on my Mac in Full Screen mode. 1Password works nicely like this but when you click the show a password in Large Type, a new window opens that is also in Full Screen but this really does look weird!

Surely just a small window that floats above the main window would suffice here? Just as it used to do or currently does when not in FS mode.

Also, after a bit more time and use of the app, the whole switching from browser to app to unlock is frustrating me no end! The shift of focus is soooo off-putting. I have already created a topic for this but this a follow up as I thought i'd ignore it and see if it still bugged me after a period of time and the answer is a resounding "YES IT DOES", Please change this, it feels sooooo wrong.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello, @rctneil! Thanks for the feedback. I just tested the latest version of the 1Password 8 for macOS and I see the same issue. It is especially confusing because no controls are shown and it is unclear that the "escape" key can be used to return. I have filed an issue in our internal tracker for this problem.

May I ask a couple of follow-up questions about shifting focus to the app? Are you using Touch ID? If so, the correct behavior is for only the Touch ID prompt to show and if the entire app is stealing focus, it is a bug. If Touch ID is not enabled, the 1Password app will open to unlock, but after unlocking, it should hide and focus should be returned to the browser. Again, if this is not happening, it is a bug.

If you would like to disable the integration between the extension and 1Password 8, uncheck "Connect with 1Password in the browser" in "Preferences > Browser" inside 1Password 8.

Cheers,

K.J.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Hello, @rctneil! Thanks for the feedback. I just tested the latest version of the 1Password 8 for macOS and I see the same issue. It is especially confusing because no controls are shown and it is unclear that the "escape" key can be used to return. I have filed an issue in our internal tracker for this problem.

Thanks!

May I ask a couple of follow-up questions about shifting focus to the app? Are you using Touch ID? If so, the correct behavior is for only the Touch ID prompt to show and if the entire app is stealing focus, it is a bug. If Touch ID is not enabled, the 1Password app will open to unlock, but after unlocking, it should hide and focus should be returned to the browser. Again, if this is not happening, it is a bug.

I am using Touch ID. Yes, the whole app is stealing focus, I unlock with Touch ID and then am returned to the browser but the shift in focus is very offputting.

• @rctneil Are you seeing the entire app or only the Touch ID prompt?

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

The whole app. I literally get moved out of my browser, moved to the Desktop, 1Password (the whole app) opens, the Touch ID prompt then appears ontop of the app, I authorise with Touch ID or with my Master Password. After authorising, I get shoved back over to my browser full screen mode session where I then have to wait up to 2-3 seconds for the extension to realise I've unlocked etc and can carry on my merry way.

• @rctneil Can you provide the current version of 1Password 8 that you are using? It can be found in "1Password > Preferences > About". This issue may be fixed in the latest nightly. However, if it's not, I can also ensure we have an issue logged. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.