New Share Items feature is buggy

snappy
snappy
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Share Items feature in iOS.

I select a Note, click Share, set the expiration to 7 days, and make it available to anyone with the link.

I click Get Link to Share.

I then click Copy and it says Copied.

Now when I go to paste the link in a text box, either the Paste option doesn't show up, or if it does it pastes a blank.

I was expecting the URL.

Also, when I go back to the application and try to click Close on the "Get a Link to Share" screen, it does nothing. I have to swipe-close 1Password and then reopen to go back to the main screen.

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.0.1

Comments

• digitpass
    digitpass
    Community Member

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue with the new password sharing feature.

• The link isn't copied to the clipboard
    • The share button next to the link doesn't do anything
    • When retuning to the 1Password app, the 'Close' button doesn't work
  • Hi folks! Thank you for writing in with this feedback.

Now when I go to paste the link in a text box, either the Paste option doesn't show up, or if it does it pastes a blank.

Bummer. Yep, we've seen this on our end as well when sharing from the iOS app. We have a bug report filed with our development team on this point.

ref: dev/core/core#10603

Also, when I go back to the application and try to click Close on the "Get a Link to Share" screen, it does nothing. I have to swipe-close 1Password and then reopen to go back to the main screen.

I tried this, and I've been unable to recreate the situation on my phone. Clicking the close button in the upper right is indeed closing the window for me. Are there any more specific steps you can share that cause this to happen? I recorded a video showing my steps:

https://bucket.agilebits.com/ben/RPReplay_Final1634569720.mp4

The share button next to the link doesn't do anything

Likewise I haven't been able to reproduce this one. Tapping the share button brings up the iOS share sheet for me:

Any additional information you can provide that might help us recreate this issue on our own devices would be much appreciated.

Ben

• snappy
    snappy
    Community Member

I tried this, and I've been unable to recreate the situation on my phone. Clicking the close button in the upper right is indeed closing the window for me. Are there any more specific steps you can share that cause this to happen? I recorded a video showing my steps:

I don't really know what additional steps. I click "Share", wait for the link expire choices to show up, and press "Close" and it just stays in the same screen. The Close button registers but it just doesn't do anything.

Likewise I haven't been able to reproduce this one. Tapping the share button brings up the iOS share sheet for me

I didn't realise that button next to copy is the share button. But I also have the same issue, it doesn't bring up the share sheet. I press it and it just does nothing.

If it helps any: I'm on an iPhone 6S.

• @snappy thanks for the follow up! Our team made some changes to the share function in 1Password for iOS 7.9.1 can you try updating to that version to see if the issue still occurs?

• @digitpass can you try updating to 1Password for iOS 7.9.1 or later to see if the sharing issues is resolved there?

• snappy
    snappy
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

According to the diagnostics I'm on 1Password 7.9.1.

The three issues still persist:

• The link isn't copied to the clipboard
    • The share button next to the link doesn't do anything
    • When retuning to the 1Password app, the 'Close' button doesn't work
  • abrody18
    abrody18
    Community Member

I have this issue also, my version of 1password is 7.9.2 (70902000), as already reported within the "Get a Link to Share" screen
    - Close button does not work/unresponsive
    - Copy button when link is generated prompts that it has been copied, but when pasting no URL is displayed, rather a random string
    - Upload button is unresponsive

• snappy
    snappy
    Community Member

Hi, this issue still persists on 1Password iOS 7.9.5.

• @snappy Indeed this one remains on the teams radar. I'm sorry I don't have better news to share.

This discussion has been closed.