Urgent. Unable to download or save documents from version 7.9

bsjmasters
bsjmasters
Community Member

Apologies for reposting an issue, but no email solution has been received from support as per the response to my prior post which they closed. I urgently need to access and download/save a stored document via the mobile app in iOS. If anyone knows how to do this, it would be much appreciated. Upon viewing the document, the export/share icon that used to appear is no longer there. Using the "share" option returns the error message "sharing of documents is unsupported". Is anyone else having this problem? Using app 7.9 and iOS 14.8 Thank you.

Comments

• bsjmasters
    bsjmasters
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

Clicking on view of stored document used to open with a share option which allowed download to files or photos.
    As of today this appears to have been disabled in the latest version of iOS app?
    Important documents only stored there can no longer be accessed.
    Sharing document using the new share feature is "not supported".
    Sharing a link to a secure note with an embedded document does not share the embedded files.....
    In short no way to access critical documents other than via a desktop.

1Password Version: 7.9
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 14.8

• bsjmasters
    bsjmasters
    Community Member

App version 7.9
    IOS version 14.8

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bsjmasters!

Saving document works the same way in version 7.9 as in previous versions. The only change was the introduction of a new sharing mechanism, which does not sound like what you are trying to use anyway. We will be happy to help you with this though. I noticed that you also sent us a few emails with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: YEF-82514-252

• julieta
    julieta
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bsjmasters!

Can I ask you to try the dark mode... in light mode the shared button is there but it's blue :) so it's hidden.

Please let me know if it works
    LigthDark

All the best and thanks for your patience. I had a fix for the buttons' color ;)

• @bsjmasters

Since we're communicating over email I'm going to close this thread to avoid duplicating responses here. :)

ref: YEF-82514-252

This discussion has been closed.