Forgets menu bar placement

Seems to forget it's position in the menu bar on every restart.

1Password Version: 8.4.0 80400002, on BETA channel
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12 Beta (21A5552a)

Comments

• Hi @greggmc

Thanks for the report. I'm honestly not sure it even does / should attempt to remember. My experience is that it appears as the left-most icon at the time it is launched. Any apps with menu bar items that don't have specific positioning launched before it will be to the right of it, and any launched after it will be to the left of it. That said, I'll be happy to file a note with our team regarding your comment so we can track any further feedback we receive on this point.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#10656

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

All my other apps including 1pass v7, remember the position. This is a regression.

• Interesting. That isn't the experience I have at all. The apps I currently have in my menu bar are:

• Zoom
    • 1Password 8
    • CleanShotX
    • Tresorit

If I quit and relaunch any of them they reappear at the left side of the menu bar, rather than in whatever order they were in before being quit. None of them remember their previous position.

Ben

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member

Have you ever moved them from the left side, that might be the default until you move them. Anyhow, I recorded what I see happening here. It shows other apps holding position, while 1pass forgetting.

• Ah, I see what I was doing wrong. I would've swore the key to hold to rearrange the icons was ⌥, and that wasn't doing anything. The problem is the key is ⌘. In any event, I did open a note with the team on this so we can track the situation. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.