Quick Access issue and request

Options

Issue:
In 1pass 7, focus a login field, trigger mini, select a user/pass/item, you are re-focused back to the originating window and field to quickly paste the item in the field. In 1pass 8, trigger quick access, select user/pass/item and you are no longer taken back to the originating window/field. You need to refocus the window/field manually with the mouse.

Request:
How does Quick Access decide what to show by default? It seems kind of random currently, Is this configurable? Seems like it should show most recent used, favorites or something more relevant to current context.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @greggmc, can you let us know your OS type and version and 1Password version?

As for what's shown by default in Quick Access, that depends on your OS, so we'll need the information above to answer that question, too.

• Hi, @greggmc.

We know about the problem with returning to your original application. We hope to have a fix for that soon.

The list of items shown by default in Quick Access is dependent on the items you have in your vault and the applications you currently have visible on your screen. We look at what applications you have open, and then search your vault for logins that match the publisher's URL (so, for instance, Skype or VSCode would map to Microsoft logins).

This is definitely a work in progress, and we're still learning to identify applications on Windows and Linux, where on Mac we have a pretty good catalog already.

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member
    Options

@Craig.Pearlman_1P
    Ooops forgot this:
    1pass: "8.4.0 80400002, on BETA channel"
    macOS: 12.0 Beta (21A5552a)

@Savanni
    I hope this could be configurable, as is, it's not very useful. For example, I am running Slack.app and 1pass detects this, shows the logins for my Slack teams, filling most of the QuickAccess. I don't login to Slack all the time, so showing these, always, not that helpful.

• Ah, got it.

What if, as an example, we only showed logins associated with the currently focused application? That's one of several different ideas we're throwing around internally.

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member
    Options

Focused app then maybe favorites, seems more useful.

• WillardTobias
    WillardTobias
    Community Member
    Options

I also hope keyboard shortcuts for quick access can be configured. e.g. Enter to copy password instead of View details or Open and fill.

• Thanks for your feedback @WillardTobias!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.