Version number and licenses

serbrech
serbrech
Community Member

Hi,
I was about to make the purchase for 1Password Family, and was looking at the licenses.
But the version number is now late 3.8, and there is already talk of version 4 in the forum.
Version 3 has been out for nearly 4 years, so I might be paying full price for only about 20% of its value if version 4 is around the corner.

I would actually prefer a yearly fee, to know what I am paying for. Or whatever that does not make me wonder if I should wait.
I am guessing that I am not the only one who is not buying for this reason.
Do you have any good answer to this problem?
I would really prefer the superior design and user experience that 1password is providing over its competitors.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

"Purchase 1Password for Mac or Windows today and receive a FREE upgrade to version 4 when it becomes available."

• serbrech
    serbrech
    Community Member
    edited March 2013

Ha, well, it's a deal for the family pack then :) at least you have feedback that you should make it more obvious, I was already checking Lastpass monthly prices while waiting for your release...
    Thanks for the quick and clear reaction Khad.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It is my pleasure to help. I'll see if we can make it more obvious. :)

• acgreen
    acgreen
    Community Member

Does the offer only cover buying 1password from the "Agile Store" or will you be eligible for the free upgrade when buying it from the Mac App Store?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

All Mac App Store copies of 1Password come with a free upgrade to Mac version 4 when available. This has always been the case. :)

• acgreen
    acgreen
    Community Member

Ohh, didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Just bought it via the Mac App Store.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers! Let me know if you ever have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.