Storing and Accesing my Covid Vaccination Certificate

Options
BobBarker
BobBarker
Community Member
edited October 2021 in iOS

Using 1Password, I am trying to keep useable copies of the PDF files provided in Ontario as Vaccination certification. In the Secure Notes category, I try to upload a pdf file from Files on my Ipad Pro - I can find and select the file in Files, but when I attempt to upload the pDF to 1Password, it says “the fie does nor exist”. So I try taking the option to take a photo or scan the document but in either case nothing happens, I can neither scan nor photograph! So, outside of 1Password, I take a picture of the certificate and then in 1 Password I am able to load the photo from the photoroll - OK except that the photo is barely OK, it cannot be rotated in 1Password, and I doubt that the QR code on the photo is likely to be readable. Also, when I attempt to look at the same Covid Certificates on my Iphone using version 7.7.6 of 1Password, the jpg files uploaded are not supported in this version of 1 password.
Can you suggest a way to load these documents in a useable form into 1Password?

1Password Version: 7.7.6 on Iphone 7 and latest version on IPad Pro
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: On Ipad Pro Verion 15.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BobBarker:

So I try taking the option to take a photo or scan the document but in either case nothing happens, I can neither scan nor photograph!

Did you give 1Password permission to access your camera in your iOS settings?

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member
    Options

Yes camera permission given. I have resolved how to do this now, using PDF versions of the documents as secure notes. Sadly still cannot access the documents on my IPhone - Version 7.7.6, probably because of the age of the phone/software.

• Ben
    Options

@BobBarker

v7.9 is the latest for iPhone, as of writing. Is there a reason you're still running v7.7.6? I don't know that updating would resolve this specific situation, but it might, and it wouldn't hurt. You can find the latest version here:

1Password for iOS on the App Store

What happens when you try to view the PDF on your iPhone? Are you getting an error message? Please let us know.

Ben

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member
    Options

Stupidly, I did not think that the app would update, so I was stuck with an old version. I updated on app store and now can read the PDF versions of my Covid Certs including QR codes.

Great app, but a stupid user here!

• Ben
    Options

@BobBarker

No worries. Happens to the best of us! I'm glad to hear installing the latest version did the trick. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member
    Options

Since I can store all versions as secure PDF’s under 1Password, both for me and spouse, this is a much better approach than the official recommended way of printing the document, then photoing it, then adding the jpeg to some other app on the iPhone. And of course, much better than carefully folding the printed document so that the QR Code is not creased, and stuffing the documents into a wallet!

• Ben
    Options

Agreed. The only records of it I carry are the one in 1Password and the one in my state's app. :+1: Hopefully we'll get support for electronic driver license records soon and that'll be one less thing I can carry as well.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.