Does 1PW no longer maintain previous passwords?

I just noticed in 80400002 that previous passwords are not being saved. That's a potentially huge problem if I need my old password to reset the new one and I've already changed it in 1PW (which can happen). Can this be reinstated or am I just missing it somewhere? Thanks.

1Password Version: 80400002
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS 12.0 (21A5552a)

Comments

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

Just click on the arrow on the password field. There is your password history!

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

Thank you!

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

I think what puzzled me was why I am not seeing this in the password field in the browser extension. Nor in 1PW helper. Could it be added at least to the browser extension? I just changed my pw on one site and all I get in the browser extension is this:

Thanks! At least the history is there in the full app.

• I'll be happy to pass along the suggestion about adding password history to 1Password in the browser. :)

Ben

• BDROYE
    BDROYE
    Community Member

I am not sure this is part of, or related to, this discussion, but what I expected to see and want to see is any field set as password should have the feature that you can see it's 'history', that is, the past passwords the field used. Think of the scenario where you have one client you work for and you set the 1password entry up as a password but it in reality is is a series of IDs, urls and PWs: say one to get onto the vpn and others for email, Remote Servers, and applications. Only the first password will have the 'history' function. Or am I wrong in some way. Should the entry be created as something other than a login or password? My work flow would be impacted to have separate entries for each ID/PW associated with a single client. If you know a way to achieve my goal please let me know. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.