1Password is filling MFA filed with email/username

Options
itamarka
itamarka
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,
When I am using 1Password to fill login data, it enters the username/email and password correctly but when it gets to the MFA filed on the next page it enters the email again.
Site secure.dome9.com
Is there a way to prevent 1Password from filling that filed?

1Password Version: 7.9.822
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: windows 10

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @itamarka ,

I tested this website and the MFA autofill seems to work correctly for me. Check out this video recording: http://recordit.co/viWlJ7k3Xm

Can you please try the following:

1. Log into your account and go to the security settings, then disable MFA on your account.
    2. Log out of your account.
    3. Open 1Password, copy the username and password for this website to a temporary location, then delete this login entry from your 1Password.
    4. Get to the website's login page, type in (or paste in) your username and password into the fields, then save it as a brand new login. Log into your account afterwards.
    5. Go into the account's security settings and enable MFA again. Scan the QR code with 1Password to add the MFA to your login entry.
    6. Log out of your account, then log in again and see if 1Password autofills all three fields correctly like it did on my video.

In case it still didn't work, right-click the MFA field on the website and select "1Password - Password manager" -> "Help" -> "Collect Page Structure", then send that downloaded file to support+x@1password.com with a link to this discussion here.

• itamarka
    itamarka
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Thanks
    I not am not using 1Password as my MFA application.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for clarifying @itamarka .

In that case the process is even easier - simply delete the current login entry you have for this website and save a new one (skip steps 1 and 5 in my previous instructions).

I tested it without the MFA in my login entry and it did not autofill the MFA field with my email, so hopefully creating a new login will solve that issue for you.

• itamarka
    itamarka
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Did that

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.