Family account seems to conflict with private account

Gaston_63
Gaston_63
Community Member

It seems that several years ago my wife created an account with her mail address, which she never used. Then I set up a family account, and included her with that mail address.
The problem that she has now is that she cannot log into that family account. When she opens the app and wants to add an account, she sees 3 entires:
1. my own account (my mail address + my.1password.com
2. our family account (her mail address, + jack-jill.1password.com
3. her private account (her mail address + my.1password.com

When she wants to add number 2 in the 1password app, she gets an error message that the password was not correct.

What I had done before was delete her private account (number 3), and reset her password on the family account. Still, if she enters exactly that password that we had just set minutes ago in account 2, it gets rejected as invalid

My suspicion is that 3 is still somewhere in the system, because even though I have deleted that account, it it still on the list. So when I log in to 2, the app actually wants the password for 3 (which she has forgotten)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gaston_63!

Still, if she enters exactly that password that we had just set minutes ago in account 2, it gets rejected as invalid

Where is the entering the new password exactly? On the website, in the 1Password desktop app or in the browser extension?

• Gaston_63
    Gaston_63
    Community Member

She is using the App on an iPad

• Hi @Gaston_63!

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Gaston_63
    Gaston_63
    Community Member

[#SWU-56916-133]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Gaston_63:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: SWU-56916-133

This discussion has been closed.