multiple time per day I do this:

Have to input a password on a web site:
1- I have the "open 1Password button" who come on the web site,
2- I click on it, it's open 1 password (99% of the time on the second screen),
3- I move my mouse to the second screen where 1 password open,
4- click on the apple watch icon,
5- validate the opening on the apple watch,
6- go back to my website page and select the proper account/password

I guess, we could remove the step 3&4 if the "Open 1 password" button on the web page could start 1 password who automatically prompt for the Apple Watch authentication ( I guess could be the same with TouchID)

the need is real when you have more than 1 screen ... with just a laptop you don't see it...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mcnahum,

The behaviour you're experiencing is strange, for sure. When I click Open 1Password in the browser, I get the Touch ID (& Apple Watch) prompt right away, regardless of which screen my browser is on.

It wasn't clear from your message, is your Mac equipped with Touch ID? If not I'm wondering if that could be an edge-case we missed. Let me know.

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member

no I don't have touchID. I'm on an iMac Pro ... it's why the unlock with Apple Watch is so precious for me ...

• @mcnahum Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I'll file an issue so we can look into making Apple Watch Unlock on your iMac Pro just as seamless as it should be.

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member

Thanks, I prefer to see this as a bug than a feature request :->

• @mcnahum Understood. Thanks again for letting us know :smile:

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Same thing for me. I'm on a Mac that doesn't offer TouchID and it therefore makes all the more sense to me to have the Watch unlocking as the default option.

Corentin

• It looks like we dug into this a bit more in a different thread @cortig! Thanks for your feedback as we work to make 1Password the best it can be :smile:

This discussion has been closed.