Renaming Shared 1P Account

MichaelCorleone
MichaelCorleone
Community Member

Hello 1P,

I set up a new 1P families account to use as an account for some side gigs I do with other members of a small team. I was setting the account up and was in a bit of a hurry at the time. Never a good idea! In the rush, I named the account incorrectly and I have been unable to change it so that it is named correctly for other members of the 1P families account. I have attached a screen shot showing another persons account with their 1P account (WW-KCI) above and the default team account I set up below (ELLIOT). I would like to change this ELLIOT to something else. Any advice on how to do this is appreciated.

Regards,

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac - latest

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MichaelCorleone!

You can change this on 1Password.com after you login > Settings entry from the menu in the sidebar, and changing the account name from there in the Family Name and Portrait section at the top of the page ;)

• MichaelCorleone
    MichaelCorleone
    Community Member

I have done this and it has not changed on their account. Would they need to delete the account and then add it again?

• @MichaelCorleone

If they sign in using the web app at https://start.1password.com/ do they see the correct name in the right-hand sidebar? Their name should be at the top, and then down below that they should see the family name.

I'm wondering if perhaps they have multiple accounts and are signed into the wrong one (i.e. not the one you're modifying).

Please let us know. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.