1P v8 not showing Windows Hello prompt.

Hi,

1P v8 is not showing Window Hello prompt even after entering the master password. Please refer to the screenshots.

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 2.1.7
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @aloksharma:

This definitely isn't the experience we want you to have when using Windows Hello. Would you mind confirming for me that the setting "Show Windows Hello prompt automatically" is enabled in 1Password settings under Advanced > Security? If it is enabled, is there a list of steps that will regularly cause the Windows Hello prompt to not show automatically?

Thanks!

• katodaijiro74
    katodaijiro74
    Community Member

Hi @aloksharma,

Have you click the Windows Hello icon on the right? In my experience as long as 1P app does not closed when you lock it, you must click the Windows Hello icon. So when you close and open again, it would prompt the Windows Hello.

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member

Hi @jack.platten > Would you mind confirming for me that the setting "Show Windows Hello prompt automatically" is enabled in 1Password settings under Advanced > Security?

Hi @katodaijiro74 > Have you click the Windows Hello icon on the right?

I don't think the Windows Hello icon is displaying.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@aloksharma:

I don't think the Windows Hello icon is displaying.

What happens if you click on the icon you highlighted in the second screenshot?

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

What happens if you click on the icon you highlighted in the second screenshot?

• katodaijiro74
    katodaijiro74
    Community Member

Weird, I encountered this problem today. What I did was closed the browser, exit the 1Password app and started it again. After inputing the password and locked it again, the Windows Hello feature started to work again.

• Hi @aloksharma, I'd be happy to investigate this in-depth for you, if you're interested. Feel free to message us at support+windows@1Password.com and we'll get it started! We certainly want the Hello integration to perform consistently for you. 👍

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member

@katodaijiro74 , in my case, it never worked.

@PeterG_1P , never mind, I reverted to 1P v7. Maybe at sometimes later, I will try v8 again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @aloksharma, thank you for the update :+1:

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member

Just wanted to post an update on this issue.

This morning, I reinstalled 1P v8, and it's finally working.

Not sure what had gone wrong in the last attempt, but happily it's working this time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Great to hear @aloksharma! Let us know if you notice this happening again :+1:

• cybersonik
    cybersonik
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

I'm also hitting this issue. I've verified that I have the Windows Hello preference turned on.

Anything you'd like me to do from a troubleshooting perspective? Or I can just try the steps above and restart Edge and 1Password.

Edit: I'm on 1Password for Windows 8.4.0, Windows 11 and Microsoft Edge
    Version 95.0.1020.44 (Official build) (64-bit)

• Hi @cybersonik , can you try those steps of restarting Edge and 1Password? That'd be a great start.

If that quick test doesn't work for you, though, feel free to send a quick email to our team at support+windows@1Password.com. We'll be happy to investigate what might be going on and recommend steps specific to your setup to resolve this. 👍

This discussion has been closed.