New Share feature breaks print

x0nic
x0nic
Community Member

Find a password. Click share. New panel pops up with details on how to generate a link, and no longer the builtin ios share panel. The builtin share panel allows you to print a password.

This isnt something i normally do, but it comes in handy for those family members that cuz seem to remember passwords.

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.0.2

Comments

• Hi @x0nic,

The new share feature actually sounds like a great replacement for the print function you mentioned. The great thing about the feature is that you do not need to be a part of the same 1Password account (or even have a 1Password account) to be able to view the shared item all you need to do is click link.

You are correct though in 1Password for iOS the print feature is no longer there.

Let me know if the new sharing feature is missing anything to make it more useful for you or if we can help at all.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I am not aware of a way to select the share sheet that is shown: if you have an old standalone vault you will get the old share sheet, if you are using a 1Password Membership instead, you will get the new one.

• I don't know the answer to that @Ragnorok, but I'll be happy to file a report on the subject.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#5546

This discussion has been closed.