Feature request: Allow non-1Password users to share items with 1Password users

Options
adriantoll
adriantoll
Community Member

I was happy to see the new Psst! sharing options in 1Password. I'm technical director of a digtial media agency and we'd had to build and support our own version of this for sharing details with clients, which I can now remove. However, our main use case for sharing is actually the other way around, which we also built our own tool for - persuading clients to share things like their domain registrar login details with us in a secure way rather than just emailing them (and along the way trying to stop them using passwords like "password123"...) It would be great if I could send someone a link that allowed them to share details with us. I'm imaginging the flow would be:

1. I generate a sharing link in 1Password, and enter the client's email address
  2. The client clicks on that and is taken to a page (potentially with email validation, as with Psst!) where they can enter the details they want to share, potentially with a choice of item types (login, secure note etc.)
  3. I get an email telling me that the've submitted the information
  4. I click on a link in that email, which takes me to a page that displays the information they want to share with me, where I can accept, reject, or edit the information (e.g. if they send login details as a secure note, I can start a new login item and copy-and-paste the details across before saving the login item and discarding the secure note) and choose which vault the item goes into.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• vHatchd
    vHatchd
    Community Member
    Options

Agreed. The PSST is handy, but it's only a one-way shuttle and many other users have a need to be able to harvest credentials from anyone (not just 1Password guest users). There are many ways to create a bi-directional shuttle, but something that gets the job done sooner, rather than later would help prevent sharing log-ins via insecure channels, including emails, chat apps, spreadsheets, documents and texts.

• Hi @adriantoll and @vHatchd,

That's a great idea, so I've added your input as a feature request. Thanks!

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1035

• adriantoll
    adriantoll
    Community Member
    Options
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:)

This discussion has been closed.