Error recovering deleted entries. (1Password 8 / Family Membership)

Options
mia
mia
Community Member

How does one recover deleted entries in the 1PW 8 APP on Windows?? This shouldn't be this difficult!
I am getting this error:

Comments

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

It should be noted the error pops up when double clicking on any file in Windows version of 1PW 8

• PeterG_1P
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hello @mia, that certainly doesn't look right. I hope to help with both these questions:

1. Item recovery - when an item is deleted, as opposed to archived, the way to recover it is to sign into 1Password.com and recover the item there. Here's our short guide on how to do this: https://support.1password.com/generate-website-password/

2. The fact that you are getting this error message for all files in 1Password 8 suggests to me that something has gone awry with your setup. I'd love to follow up on this for you! If you email our team at support+windows@1password.com, I'll be happy to dig into this in depth to determine what might be going on. If you do message us there, please include a link to this conversation so that we know it's you, and can make use of the information you've given us so far to help resolve the issue. 😃

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

@PeterG_1P I think you linked the wrong article... Lol.

I followed your advice though and I see the Destroy & Recover in the web interface.

However, there is a clear disconnect here in the Windows and Mac ( and I assume Linux) version. @Brian I assume this functionality has just not been build yet in the v8 preview yet in Windows/Mac/Linux.

When the user deletes something, on the bottom of the screen, 1Password states it's recoverable, leading the user to believe they can do so directly in the app

I wonder if this should be filed as a bug report? Double clicking shouldn't bring up that message.

• Hi @mia, thanks very much for your feedback!

You're right that the disconnect you're seeing at the moment is because the Recently Deleted section isn't fully implemented yet. For now the best way to manage these items is on 1Password.com, however stay tuned for updates on this front.

I can see that we already have an issue filed regarding the error you're seeing when double clicking a recently deleted item - thanks for reporting this! :)

ref: dev/core/core#10594

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome @1P_Gem :)

• :)

This discussion has been closed.