"There is no application set to open the URL onepassword://activate." in Safari 15 on macOS 11.6

Options
Mawthra
Mawthra
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Not sure what happened to cause this, but I keep getting this error (below) if I simply open Safari and don't even interact with the 1Password for Safari extension (don't have the desktop app installed)... it also happens every time I click on the extension in the Safari toolbar. Any ideas why this is happening and how to remedy it? I've already uninstalled the extension and removed all traces of "1password" and "agilebits" from the machine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Mawthra ,

This message shows up when you have the "1Password for Safari" installed in your Applications folder (and therefor installed in Safari), and that extension is trying to integrate with a non-existing desktop app. Please try this:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Locate the 1Password extension icon in Safari's toolbar (where the address bar is). If you don't see it in Safari's toolbar, here's how to put it back: https://support.1password.com/missing-browser-button/
    3. Right-click the 1Password extension icon and select "Settings".
    4. In the settings page, turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option.

That should get rid of the popup message :)

This discussion has been closed.