One-Time Password Problem with Safari Extension on M1 MacBook Air

Options
jlg84
jlg84
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

When I try to log into a site that uses one-time passwords for added security, and it's a site for which I have several logins (like Instagram), when I click on the 1Password extension in Safari and try to select a login that is anything but the first one in the list, before I can get the one-time password I need the programme reverts to the top-listed login set and I never get enough time to select the correct user id and password combination to get the right one-time code. In order for me to get the code I have to be very attentive and try to remember the code before it disappears as the extension defaults to whatever user id is at the top of the stack of choices. This does not happen on my Intel-chip iMac.

1Password Version: 7.9 (70900001)
Extension Version: 7.9
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jlg84 ,

I'm not quite sure I understand the issue you are describing. Would you be able to record a video of your screen showing the issue and send it to us privately to support+x@1password.com with a short description and a link to this discussion here?

That would allow us to better comprehend the issue you are experiencing (and perhaps to reproduce it here if possible).
    Thank you.

• jlg84
    jlg84
    Community Member
    Options

I have sent the screen cap to support-at-1password.com. Is that the address you were meaning to give me?

• jlg84
    jlg84
    Community Member
    Options

...and of course when I say "one time password" I really mean two-factor authentication.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jlg84 ,
    Thanks for sending it over. The address I mentioned was support+x@1password.com, which would have routed it to the right team instead of sending it to our general inbox, but that's ok. It will reach the correct team eventually.

thanks for sending it over! If you've received an automated reply with a ticket number please post the number here so I can find it and route it for you.

• jlg84
    jlg84
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, OK, I wasn't sure if that was a typo since I wasn't used to seeing a + in an email address. The ticket is XXS-25164-861.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2021
    Options

Perfect, thanks @jlg84 !
    Someone will be with you as soon as they reach the ticket in the queue :)

ref: XXS-25164-861

This discussion has been closed.