Feature Request: A way to create a locked down secondary login for an account

Options
BrockR
BrockR
Community Member

On my mobile device I have no use for 90+% of the data stored in my database. Whether it be work related or information that I would not want traveling with me everywhere I go. But there are certain logins that I would love to quickly have on hand.

What I am proposing is the idea of a secondary login to my singular account that has access to ~5 pieces of information. I can give that login a much simpler password, with out fear. That way if this secondary master password is ever compromised, it won't give the keys away to my castle. While still allowing me to use small parts of 1Password in places that are harder to type out a long complicated master password, like my Phone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BrockR!

What I am proposing is the idea of a secondary login to my singular account that has access to ~5 pieces of information.

If you have a Families or Business account, you could do this already. I know some users who do exactly this ;)

• BrockR
    BrockR
    Community Member
    Options

So your answer is; either take a slot already used by a family member, and tell them "get your own account" or you need to spend another $7.99/month to have a simple account that has little to no access.

Be honest and say "No, we're not doing that. It's not in our best interest", at least that I can respect.

This answer is just mean spirited and unhelpful. We all understand how the business model works as it stands, hence the reason I made this a feature request.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2021
    Options

That is correct @BrockR, this workaround would only works with a Families or Business account. You could theoretically create a separate Individual account, but two individual accounts would be more expensive than a single Families account at this point, so a Families account would be a cheaper alternative to do the same.

It should be noted that you don't need to remove a slot for another family member, you can always add more in the account itself, even if you go over the default limit of 5 :+1:

Be honest and say "No, we're not doing that. It's not in our best interest", at least that I can respect.

I am afraid I cannot say this since I don't have the power to make these decisions. The Product team is in charge of this analysis, this is not something that the Technical Support department has any say in. If they consider this a good suggestions, they will definitely keep it into consideration :)

This discussion has been closed.