Why do I keep getting reminded to install the Firefox extension?

macOS - Firefox browser, v7.9 1Password keeps saying 'install the 1Password extension in Firefox' when it's already installed (every time I open the mini window). It's only just started happening - I've removed and reinstalled the extension. Can you tell me how I can stop this behaviour? Many thanks...

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• Hi Pooley,

I'm sorry to see that the 1Password didn't work as you'd expect in Firefox. When you have already installed the extension in Firefox, and the error message shows up, it indicates that there is a connection error between the extension and the desktop app.

The followings are the possibilities to cause the issue:
    1. The issues might be related to an update, whether from 1Password, the browser or macOS.
    2. When you start up your Mac, the Firefox browser was opened up before the 1Password desktop app. Which resulting the extension in Firefox failing to communicate with the 1Password desktop app.

To quickly fix this issue, let's try the following:

1. Quit 1Password completely by clicking the 1Password 7 menu beside the  logo and choosing Quit 1Password Completely.
      • Or right-click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Quit the Firefox browser by right-clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting Quit.
    3. Open and unlock the 1Password desktop app.
    4. Open your Firefox browser and test again to see if the issue is resolved.
  • Pooley
    Pooley
    Community Member

Hi - thanks for the suggestion. I've worked through the steps, but I'm still seeing the message. It seems to appear if I have 'suggestions' set as the 'open 1password in' selection but it's not clear if anything else is causing the issue. I'll keep testing and report back if I find anything else. I've only just started seeing it - I was on the beta but downgraded to v7.9 so this may have something to do with it?

• @Pooley

Where exactly are you seeing the message to install 1Password in Firefox? What exact steps are you taking to reproduce this message?

Whatever detail you can provide, around those questions or beyond them, will help us understand the nature of the issue you're seeing.

This discussion has been closed.