Confused about 1password 8 migration

porky
porky
Community Member

I recently saw the new Windows release notes mentioning a migration, I'm not sure I saw any notice of this so I'm slightly confused. I did notice when I launched 1Password on windows today I saw an additional popup for a slight second, but I'm so used to just typing in my password I started typing and accidentally closed out the pop-up so not sure what it was.

I already have a subscription, but have most of my data in a local vault. Does this migration mean that when 1Password 8 comes out I will lose access to my local vault and will only be able to access my subscription vault? Is there a deadline I have to move everything over? Some detailed email communication would have been nice.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @porky!

I already have a subscription, but have most of my data in a local vault. Does this migration mean that when 1Password 8 comes out I will lose access to my local vault and will only be able to access my subscription vault?

1Password 8 will only support vaults on 1Password.com. If you want to continue using standalone vaults, you can do so in 1Password 7.

Is there a deadline I have to move everything over?

No deadline at the moment. You just need to move your items to your 1Password account before you decide to update to 1Password 8 in the future ;)

This discussion has been closed.