When I try to use a creditcard they do not auto fill or pop up. Why not?

Options
SDeeds
SDeeds
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

passwords seem to auto fill, but credit cards do not and no options pop up. I have to open 1password and cut and paste. This does not work very well especially on an iphone

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.5.2 and Iphone 8 (14.7.1)
Referrer: forum-search:credit cards

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SDeeds!

Can you let us know the URL where this is happening for you, so we can also test it? Thank you!

• SDeeds
    SDeeds
    Community Member
    Options

Credit cards have not worked for me on any websites

• SDeeds
    SDeeds
    Community Member
    Options

Etsy.com. One password opens, but none of the 3 stored creditcards are available. Id have to cut and paste

• @SDeeds

I'd like to start by understanding a bit more about what you're experiencing. Let's look at your Mac first:

• How did you initially create the Credit Card items in your vault - did you manually create them in the app, or through a payment form in your browser?
    • Is this happening in all your browsers, or is it isolated to a specific one?
    • Does your Credit Card item show on this test form?

Whatever detail you can provide, around those questions or beyond them, will help us understand the nature of the issue you're seeing.

• SDeeds
    SDeeds
    Community Member
    Options

I havent gotten them to work anywhere. They do not work on your test form.
    I cant remember how I created the credit cards. Both ways I think. So creditcard options should autofill if working correctly?

• @SDeeds

If you've created a Credit Card item from a web page, it won't necessarily fill on another page. Can you try recreating one of your Credit Card items and let me know if it behaves any different from the other ones you have saved?

You can do this one of two ways:

• In your browser - click the 1Password icon and choose New Item, followed by Credit Card.
    • In the 1Password app on your Mac- click "+" next to the search field and choose Credit Card.

Once you've saved the new item, test it again on our form and let me know if you see it suggested there.

• SDeeds
    SDeeds
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. This fixed the problem

• On behalf of Chantelle, you're very welcome @SDeeds! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.