Changing What's New Page for Early Access

Options
mia
mia
Community Member

Hi guys,

Saw new version today, excellent release (love the restore deleted items from app)!

I have a great suggestion that will greatly improve the user experience when reading the changelog and match the great experience we had of v7.
When selecting "What's New"

I am taken to this page:

Now I have to scrooooooooooll down. Wait! Too far, go back up.

Suggestion: can we get a clean changelog with the latest updates so that it's easy to read the latest exciting changes? The user who is using 1PW 8 doesn't need to read @Dave_1P 's note every time they go to what's new. If they're using 1PW 8, they probably already have!!

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

I laughed out loud at your third image. Thank you for the chuckle. :+1:

I do think it's a good idea, also. Perhaps one easy workaround for 1Password would be to make the "Updated" banner in your second image clickable and have it jump directly to the latest release notes.

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

@EnerJi I just came back to post that exact idea about the the updated banner jumping to the #latest release notes in browser! Great minds think alike! :-)

• ag_maryam
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hello mia! Thanks for sharing your feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password better.

I am currently working on this and it should be all fixed up in an upcoming release

Thanks again and have a wonderful day! : :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @mia !

The link was fixed some builds ago, but the issue came back...
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/616029

Hopefully the link will be fixed soon again. ;)

• Quite so, @DenalB! I have updated the request for a fix accordingly. Thank you everyone for highlighting this!

ref: dev/core/core#9997

This discussion has been closed.