Autofill has stopped working in the login field in Safari

Options
stevemiller57
stevemiller57
Community Member

Autofill used to work in Safari but it stopped a few weeks ago. I can click on the extension icon in the toolbar and click on autofill and that works, but nothing happens when I click on the icon in the password field. It does not work for any websites. I have tried checking the vault setting, as well as uninstalling 1Password completely, and restarting both the computer and the browser multiple times. I am using Safari Version 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.6), and 1Password 7
Version 7.9 (70900001). MacOS Monterey 12.0 Beta.

It works in Chrome but I prefer to use Safari for various reasons.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autofill not working in safar

Comments

• walajm
    walajm
    Community Member
    Options

I have had problems with no autofill

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stevemiller57:

Our developers have received some reports about Autofill and Safari, they are currently investigating ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@walajm:

Can you please elaborate? What issue are you experiencing exactly?

• StaffBearer
    StaffBearer
    Community Member
    Options

Neither the 1Password Safari extension in the browser bar nor the "Unlock 1Password" popup box in the password entry field on a browser page open or unlock. They're both there but are unresponsive.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StaffBearer:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• stevemiller57
    stevemiller57
    Community Member
    Options

For me it started working again. I don't know if this is the explanation, but I did install an update to the operating system.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know @stevemiller57, I am glad that things started working again :+1:

This discussion has been closed.