1P8 and 16'' MacBook M1 Pro

Options

Hello,

I just tried 1Password 8 on my new 16'' MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro Chipset.

It appears that even with TouchID set up on the MacBook, it doesn't seem to work or even allow me to enable it within setting on 1Password 8.

It does however, work with my Apple Watch Series 6... Even though it's not shown in this menu:

Any thoughts?

Specs:
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
Apple M1 Pro
32 GB RAM
1Password for Mac 8.4.0; 80400027, on NIGHTLY channel

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• FriedEngineer
    FriedEngineer
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

I've got a base model 14" MacBook Pro running 1Password 8.4.0 80400019, on BETA channel. TouchID and unlock with Apple Watch work as they did on my previous MacBook (Intel) and show up in the preferences menu.

Have you tried rebooting?

• wooskies
    wooskies
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue on my new 16" MPB w/ M1.

• nighthawk
    nighthawk
    Community Member
    Options

I ended up going back to 1PW7 due to this issue on the new MBP. Reinstall didn't fix it either. It's also frustrating that in 1PW8 I have to enter in the master password for each separate account every 2 weeks. In 1PW7 you entered one master password and the other accounts were logged in too.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

I am seeing some odd behavior with these preferences. For myself, I'm currently using an M1 Mac Mini, which is set up to unlock via Apple Watch, but does not have Touch ID. In 1Password's preferences I'm seeing a Touch ID option and no Apple Watch option. I've opened an issue for our development team to investigate further.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#11009

This discussion has been closed.