New 'Hide my Email' box blocks the 1Password popup in Safari (macOS Monterey)

agent177
agent177
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

With 'Hide my Email' enabled, this frequently blocks the 1Password popup in Safari when signing up for a new account - see the screenshot, for example. Is there anyway to move the 1Passoword box out of the way?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @agent177:

We'd recommend disabling Safari's AutoFill to avoid conflicting in these kinds of situations.

Jack

• traviscook21
    traviscook21
    Community Member

I'm disappointed that this is the suggestion. I know that 1Password recently released the "Masked Email" feature, but it only works if I'm a FastMail paying subscriber. I don't pay or use FastMail, but I do pay & use iCloud so I get this same feature. Is there a way to make the Safari extension work with the Hide My Email popup?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @traviscook21 ,

Currently we only support Fastmail. If you'd like to keep utilizing both 1Password and Safari simultaneously, you can dismiss this popup with the ESC key on your keyboard, then click the little 1Password icon on the right corner of the field to bring up 1Password's suggestions.

However, as jack.platten mentioned above, we do recommend disabling the browser's built-in autofill features as 1Password was not designed to work alongside other autofilling apps or features of the browsers.

• wjjwj
    wjjwj
    Community Member

Dismissing the popup with the ESC key does not actually work, in my experience. Is there some other setting that needs to be adjusted in order to do that?

(I understand 1Password's preference that we disable other autofill features, but to that I'll just say that the more 1Password requires me to disable other features and to use it exclusively, the less likely I am to remain a customer.)

• Hey @wjjwj:

Thanks for asking! If you'd like to manually invoke the 1Password in-line menu as necessary, while allowing for Safari's email address in-line menu to show up disabling "Show autofill menu on field focus" would be your best bet. To do this follow these steps:

1. Right click on the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar > Choose Settings
    2. Disable the option under General named "Show autofill menu on field focus"

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• lyrado
    lyrado
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P - I'm looking at safari right now and I dont see those options when right-clicking or anywhere in 1Password. Can you share more specific details

• Hey @lyrado:

Thanks for asking! The 1Password extension included with 1Password 7 can have that setting configured in the 1Password app itself:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose 1Password > Settings
    3. Select the "Browsers" tab.
    4. Unselect "Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field"

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• lyrado
    lyrado
    Community Member

Thanks @Jack.P_1P - that did the trick!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@lyrado On behalf of Jack, you are welcome!

• other321
    other321
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P Where is this setting Unselect "Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field" on v8?? This is making me insane it's blocking everything including the built in Apple keychain access in the fields

• Hi @other321:

While we'd generally recommend not using another password manager alongside 1Password, you can disable the inline menu showing when you click a field by right clicking the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, choosing Settings, then unselecting "Show autofill menu on field focus". Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.