Seeing stranger's account on my 1PW login page!

Options

This has never happened before:

On a private computet, bitlockered, no one has ever touched it. Deepest apologies if I missed something non obvious but who is Ronish?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

This still shows on the bottom of my page. It will ask me for secret key, password, etc but it is very concerning that another family's vault name is showing up on my account. It makes me concerned that my info may be coming up on someone else's computer.

The link for that Ronish Family is : https://my.1password.com/signin?a=ZGKBBV6QHJFQVENW3W372C6JXQ

• Hi @mia, thank you for bringing this up. I have passed the issue to our security team so we can figure out what might be going on here. Thank you again for notifying us!

• Ben
    Options

@mia

I've spoken with our security team on this. We're going to need some additional details in order to investigate further. Could you please shoot us an email from the email address associated with your 1Password account? Please send the message to support+forum@1password.com, which will generate an auto-reply from BitBot with a support ID. Once you have that support ID, please post it here. That will enable us to 'connect the dots' and locate your account details.

Thank you.

Ben

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben @PeterG_1P Here's the BitBot ID:
    [#GPT-74586-711]

It still says Ronish's Family on my 1PW (I left it alone so your support can look at it)

With this link:
    https://my.1password.com/signin?a=ZGKBBV6QHJFQVENW3W372C6JXQ

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @mia. Our security team is investigating.

Ben

ref: GPT-74586-711

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mia -- I've replied to your email. Since we don't discuss details of users' accounts or billing on this public forum where the entire world can see it, let's keep any further communication happening over private email.

To be clear for anyone else reading this thread, it's not possible to simply sign into other users' accounts - or them into yours. At a minimum, your Account Password is required, along with your registered email address and your Secret Key, on new devices/browsers.

This discussion has been closed.