[Feature] Recovery Codes and such

Options
svoop
svoop
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Lounge

2FA often comes with recovery codes which can be used once only. Right now you have the choice:

• Either paste all usually 10 codes into one row and set it to type "Password" to mask them. This is fast, but it's cumbersome to delete used codes from the list.
  • Or copy each code one by one to 1Password and mask every one as "Password". This is slow, but you can easily delete a single code from the list.

One way to tackle this would be a new row type "One-Time Codes" which splits the contents on \W (characters which are not A-Z, a-z, 0-9 or _) and displays every code similar to tags.

Another way would be a way to paste such lists of codes which automatically splits the contents of the clipboard on \W and then adds each one as a "Password" row of it's own.

What do you think about such a feature?

Cheers!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @svoop!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#212

• svoop
    svoop
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi @ag_ana

The "HTTP" flag does the trick, cool, thanks for the hint! And it can also be applied to localnet addresses such as 192.168.x.x which would be impossible to reliably mask by pattern.

Have a nice day as well!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @svoop :)

This discussion has been closed.