Web Form Details

Options

Greetings,

I'm trying to add a new user/pass in 1Password 8 (mac) and I seem to be missing something that used to be in 1Password 7. That is, the web form details.

I ran across this forum post with responses from Dave that was super helpful in enabling the necessary option to see entries that already had web form details, but I didn't see any information on how to create new entries.

My primary use for this is AWS. Specifically, I want to add an "account" field where the account number is automagically filled in. This has worked brilliantly for a few years now and I'm missing it in version 8. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.4.0 80400019, on BETA channel
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1 Beta (21C5021h)

Comments

• Hi @XenoPhage,

I spoke to our browser experience team about this and they let me know that they're moving away from the separate web form details sections and towards using regular item fields to fill in data on the page. This work isn't completely done yet but they said that if you need to fill in a text-field or menu that isn't captured automatically, you can add a custom field to your item and give it the HTML ID or selected Element name from the webpage, and then assign the value you wish to use. Once that field is created, the 1Password browser extension should fill that value into the associated field on the page.

Give that a try and let me know if it works for you

• XenoPhage
    XenoPhage
    Community Member
    Options

Aha! That works, yes! Thank you!

I can imagine some of these are going to end up as pretty ugly entries in 1password, but this is a much simpler way to set this up versus the former method. I wonder if the UI could be something along the lines of what already exists, but being able to click a button to add an extra field for custom fields where the id/element would go. I've seen some sites where the id/element name makes almost no sense (obfuscation maybe?) so it would be nice to have a way to identify what it is within the 1password entry.

• @XenoPhage, you're totally right, it could get unwieldy. I think the Browser Experience team has some plans to make it a little nicer. Until then I'm glad you have something that works and we look forward to hearing from you as things improve even further.

Thank you for reaching out 💜

This discussion has been closed.