Unlock dialog doesn't show master password field

Options

The unlock dialog in the 1Password browser extension doesn't display correctly. This has been happening for a few weeks now. The initial splash screen shows up but the master password field never appears. If I blindly type the password and press enter it still unlocks though.

I'm running the 1Password browser extension in Firefox 93.0. I do not have the 1Password desktop application installed.

Here's a screenshot of how the unlock dialog appears for me:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Fedora Linux 34

Comments

• @jhaiduce

This appears to be an issue related to Fedora packaging for Firefox. Can you try the steps suggested here and let me know if it improves your state of play?

ref: dev/core/core#10999

• jhaiduce
    jhaiduce
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_chantelle. I tried the suggestions at the link you posted:

• Uninstall 1Password and install the beta version of 1Password: This did not seem to improve things; I got the same behavior from the beta version once it was installed and configured.
    • Download a Firefox binary from mozilla.org and use it instead of using the Fedora package: This seems to fix the problem; I did not see the same display glitch in Mozilla's build of Firefox 94.

For now I'll probably continue using the Fedora-packaged version of Firefox since the extension is still usable there despite this display glitch. In the meantime I'm glad to know that the 1Password developers are aware of this though.

• @jhaiduce

We really appreciate you following up and sharing your findings. I'll be sure to add your voice to the issue with our development team. Hopefully we can implement a fix in an upcoming release.

This discussion has been closed.