Access to Secure Notes

Options

I have two questions:

1. With the version 8 now I don't see an easy way to access Secure Notes. In the previous versions I could click on the menu bar icon at the top and I could select either a login item or open a secure note. Now I can only see a quick access search bar without ability to open Secure Notes. In version 8 I have to actually go back to the menu bar -> right click on the icon -> press "Open 1Password" -> press "All Categories" -> press "Secure Notes" -> select my note. This is very cumbersome. Or am I doing something wrong?
  2. When there will be an ability to search within secure notes? I want to type a string in the search bar and I want to get results not only among login items, but also among Secure Notes.

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.0.1

Comments

• Hello Palkan.

I'm really sorry to hear that the new user interface is negatively impacting your workflow.

For the first question, I don't think you doing something wrong per say and I'll bring up your workflow with the team. Hopefully we can find ways to improve this in future updates. In the meantime, if you remember the title of the note, you can get it open quickly by starting to type it's title in the quick access search, selecting it's more actions menu (by clicking on the three dots) and clicking "Open in 1Password" or "Open item in new window" (if you prefer to just view it on it's own).

For the second question the short answer is that, whilst quick access and quick search do not currently search through all of the contents of the items (only the title, subtitle and URLs), selecting "Show all matching items" in quick search does. We are looking at ways of improving search's flexibility without impacting the responsiveness or performance.

Thanks so much for the feedback and do let me know if I missed the point on one of your questions.

This discussion has been closed.