Issue with Costco login (Firefox, chrome)

Options
Buzz69
Buzz69
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Not sure if this belongs in this section, or the subscription section. Feel free to move it if necessary.

I migrated from standalone to subscription last week and everything went smoothly, with the exception of some duplicates, and with several logins.

• iCloud
  • Microsoft Live
  • Costco

All three exhibited the same issue when trying to login using the browser extension (Firefox or chrome)

Browser extension > Select login > 1Password opens website to login page > Login and password not filled > Select browser extension while on login > Select login for respective site and nothing filled.

I was able to resolve the issue with iCloud and Microsoft Live by selecting "Save new Login" from the browser extension. For some reason Costco continues to be an issue. I deleted and created a new entry for Costco think that would help.

edit: I did disable all extensions except 1Password to see if one of them was an issue.

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: 7.9.825
Extension Version: 7.9.825
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• ag_chantelle
    edited November 2021
    Options

@Buzz69

It wasn't clear, from your initial post, which version of 1Password you are using in Firefox and Chrome. Can you please confirm by verifying:

• In Chrome - under chrome://extensions
    • In Firefox - under about:addons

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend giving our new version of 1Password for your browser a try to see if it improves your filling experience. If it still doesn't work, I'd appreciate it if you could share the exact steps you are taking to reproduce the filling behaviour you've mentioned.

• Buzz69
    Buzz69
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

@ag_chantelle

Firefox extension - Extension Version: 7.9.825
    Chrome extension - 2.1.3

Using the extensions above, as noted in my initial post.

Select browser extension > Select Costco > 1Password opens website to login page > Login and password not filled > Select browser extension while on login > Select login for respective site and nothing filled.

Those are the exact steps used when attempting to login to Costco.

I tried the new version you linked to using Firefox, 1Password fills my login and password, the result is this:

I really appreciate your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Buzz69:

Thank you for the confirmation. Using the version of the 1Password browser extension that you are also using, I was able to fill credentials on that form. Are these the instructions that you followed to create a new Login item for this website?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

• Buzz69
    Buzz69
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

Yes, those are the instructions I followed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Buzz69:

I see. Do you get that error message after you click on the Sign In button then? Meaning that 1Password fills your credentials properly on that form, but the Costco website just does not accept them?

• Buzz69
    Buzz69
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

@ag_ana Correct.

I deleted and created a new Costco entry and it seems to have been resolved.

Opened Costco.com, clicked sign in, entered my email and password, clicked sign in.

The strange thing is that I did that several times as well as using the "save new login" via the browser extension. I also tried to "update" the login the same way.

Weird. Thank you both for your assistance!

edit: I closed and reopened Firefox and tried signing in to Costco. Still not working.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Buzz69 ,

I noticed that Costco has a max length of 20 characters in their password field. Could it be that the password you have in 1Password for Costco is longer than 20 characters? If so, please delete the excess characters after the 20th one, save the changes and then test again.

I also noticed that after autofilling with 1Password, the form is being automatically sent and Costco tries to log you in, but it clears the password field in the process, which might be some broken javascript event there. After you get the error message, if you try to autofill again, it should keep the password in place. Does it work and allows you to sign in successfully on the 2nd attempt after you get the error?

• Buzz69
    Buzz69
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron

Submitting a second time does allow a successful sign in.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2021
    Options

Thanks for testing that @Buzz69 ,

So it seems like there's an unwanted event that fires the first time 1Password autofills. I'll forward it to the team and ask if there's anything we can do about it.

For now, you can either autofill twice to log in, or you can use the drag and drop method instead:

1. Get to Costco's login page.
    2. Click the 1Password extension's icon in your browser's toolbar to open it.
    3. Grab Costco's username/password from 1Password's window and drag it with your mouse to the field(s) on the website.

Drag and drop should allow you to fill any field on any website when autofilling is not possible/working properly. I hope you'll find this tip handy :)

• Buzz69
    Buzz69
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron

I appreciate it, thank you!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are most welcome :+1:

This discussion has been closed.