Browser window loses focus when extension unlocks

Options

I noticed an issue when unlocking the 1password extension that causes the window to lose focus. I've attached a video showing the behavior.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6gacEfuVVsY

You can see that after unlocking 1password vault via the browser extension with fingerprint, the window (on external monitor) loses focus (to another browser window on my laptop screen). Since it loses focus, 1password does not associate the current page and the only option is "Open & Fill". If you return focus to the window and open the extension again, the option to "Autofill" is present.

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS 11.6.1

Comments

• @saurori

I'm having some trouble replicating the behaviour you're seeing. When 1Password is locked and I unlock, it immediately offers the option to "Autofill". Can you try re-installing 1Password in Brave and let me know if it improves your state of play?

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon on Brave's toolbar > Remove from Brave.
    2. Install a fresh copy of 1Password from here > Close and Open Brave > Try 1Password again.
  • saurori
    saurori
    Community Member
    Options

I reinstalled the extension and restarted the OS. I can't reproduce the bug anymore. I think it was something with macOS window focus that was fixed with a reboot.

Thanks for taking a look!

• Thanks for following up @saurori! I'm glad to hear those steps fixed things up for you. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.