Default download folder / auto open?

Options

Hi,

I'd like to request the ability to select the default folder used for downloads. In my browsers, etc, I typically use the Desktop as the folder to download files to. Considering 1Password 8 can not view files from within the app and they must all be downloaded, I'd like to be able to have those files appear on the Desktop by default as well. This would make it much quicker to get to when downloading.

In addition, it would be nice if there was an option to "Download and Open" so that I don't have to go hunting for the file and open it.

My typical workflow is:
1. Click download
2. Find the file in the Downloads folder
3. Open the file
4. Close the file
5. Delete the file from Downloads folder (because I never wanted it saved to begin with)

Overall, it's a lot of work for something as simple as viewing the file. Any way to simplify that workflow would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

This is by far the most frustrating thing about 1PW 8 and should be at top of dev’s list for implementation.

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• PeterG_1P
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi folks, thank you for your thoughtful feedback here. I've added your requests to a feature request, with thanks to you for letting us know that this is a priority for you!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests/#898

This discussion has been closed.