To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Family + business help

I currently use 1 password for all my personal passwords, but I changed jobs and they use 1 password for work. What’s the best next step? Can I sync them? Should I export personal and upload everything to the work account? I was told by someone internal to my company that there is a free personal account when I use the business account, so I’m trying to understand the best options.

Also, I just got married, so I’d like to set up a family account with my partner. How might that work into the process above?

Comments

• Hi @jrussindurham:

Glad to hear everyone around you loves 1Password! :smile:

Given your situation, you can link your individual account to your work, and upgrade it to a family account in the process so you can invite your partner.

To do this, follow the steps here: Get a free 1Password Families membership when you use 1Password Business

After you've linked your accounts, you can invite your partner: Add and remove family members

Jack

• jrussindurham
    jrussindurham
    Community Member

Hey @jack.platten!

It took me a minute to get an invite from my company, and now I have one!

I was able to log in, and do the first two steps listed, but got stuck on the 3rd:
    1. Sign in to your business account.
    2. Click your name in the top right and choose My Profile.
    3. In the Free 1Password Families Membership section, click Redeem Now.

When I click on the “ my profile” section, I don’t see anything connected to 1Password Families Membership. I am usually pretty good technologically, so I’m feeling kinda dumb right now.

I’ll share a screenshot of what I see on the left hand side of the screen:

I tried to just create a free family account using my work email, and that didn’t work either.

Any advice?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jrussindurham:

Thank you for the screenshot! Can you please ask the person who invited you to confirm your account first? It's possible that all options will become available once your account is not in "Waiting to be confirmed" status anymore.

• jrussindurham
    jrussindurham
    Community Member

Ahh! I think that was the problem. I’m all set now. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @jrussindurham! Good to hear that everything is sorted now :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• jrussindurham
    jrussindurham
    Community Member

Hi there! I thought I had this figured out, but it seems I don’t.

I am currently logged into my personal account on my phone, my work account on my computer and don’t know how to access my family account.

Can you help me be able to use any of those vaults on all my devices?

• Hi @jrussindurham:

Do you have access to your Emergency Kit for each of your accounts? If you have access to your Emergency Kit(s) and your account password, following these steps should get you signed in: How to add your 1Password account to the apps

If you're still running into issues after checking for your Emergency Kit(s), emailing us at support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread might be the best next step, as we're unable to take a look at any account specifics in public. Include a link to this thread, and after emailing you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect this conversation with your email conversation with us.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.