1Password and TextExpander

Options

I apologize if I'm repeating other posts, but search never finds anything at all, even if I search for words I can see in the list of recent topics.

In macOS Monterey on an M1 Max, TextExpander is getting the dreaded "blank has disabled TextExpander expansion" warning. Blank is changing constantly to all different apps like simple text editor CotEditor to even the Finder being accused. The one thing in common when these apps that do not have secure input listed, is that 1Password beta is locked and the fingerprint/login request has opened.

If I command-q on 1Password, then the warning in TextExpander is cleared in about 20 seconds.

The other odd thing is that I AM seeing this popup. I don't remember in previous versions having 1Password just sitting around asking to be authenticated. Is that normal behavior?

1Password Version: 8.4.0 80400036, on NIGHTLY channel
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• I have seen this bug reported and we are looking into it. 1Password should only enable secure text input when it is in the foreground. But there is a bug where secure text input can remain enabled even with 1Password in the background.

• nosillacast
    nosillacast
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Chadseld - I'll stop worrying about it until I hear of an update then! I'll tell the TextExpander people you're on it.

• Thanks for letting us know @nosillacast 🙂. We're happy to follow up on this for you!

This discussion has been closed.