exporting my data using a Chromebook

kram5819
kram5819
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Lounge

I have no intention of leaving 1password as 1password has been good for me.

I do export all my passwords and safe notes monthly and encrypt the files and save them in my Google Drive. The reason is IF for any reason I get locked out, forget my master password or any reason that I "might" need to start over it will be much easier because I will have a current encrypted copy of my vault saved in Google Drive, mega drive & drop box. The issue is I cannot figure out how to do this as it does not seem possible with 1password because I have the Chromebook operating system.
So, for that reason I also use Bitwarden. Now with Bitwarden I can export my whole vault in a .csv file and encrypt it and would think I would be able to import it to 1password if I ever needed to? Am I correct?
What I am trying to do is only use 1password as my only password manager BUT between Bitwarden and 1password I seem to be able to do everything I want BUT 1password lacks a few features that Bitwarden has and that is why I use them both. However, for many reasons, I much prefer 1password and 99% of the time I use 1password.

1Password Version:_latest updated version
_Extension Version: Chrome extension
_OS Version:
Google Chrome

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kram5819:

So, for that reason I also use Bitwarden. Now with Bitwarden I can export my whole vault in a .csv file and encrypt it and would think I would be able to import it to 1password if I ever needed to? Am I correct?

That's correct. Here are the instructions to import CSV files into 1Password:

Move your data into your account on 1Password.com

You are right that exporting from a Chromebook is currently not possible, but our developers are aware of the request. Hopefully they will be able to implement this soon :+1:

And thank you for the kind words!

This discussion has been closed.