Edge browser extension showing results from all vaults instead of selected one

Options
kop48
kop48
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Firstly, I can't seem to configure the Edge browser extension to use Vault collections, so I have to manually choose only a single vault (I can't select multiple ones).

The second problem (which may go away if Vault collections are supported) is that even though I have a single vault selected in the extension, it keeps showing results in the autocomplete drop-down for other vaults that I don't want.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Good morning @kop48. Our browser extension does not (yet!) support vault collections. There is an "Accounts & Vaults* section inside the settings for the browser extension. If you tune that to only include the vaults you care about on a regular basis, does that help?

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve configured it using the ‘Vault’ option that you show on the screen. Is there another setting that you’re referring to?

• Ben
    Options

@kop48

There is; yes. If you click into Settings then at the very bottom of that screen there is an area where you can toggle which vaults you want to be included in the extension.

Ben

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, I have set that - I'm still all of my vaults showing up in the 'Vault' menu, and even when I select only a single one, I still get results from one that I don't want when I first launch the extension.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kop48 ,

While the extension has a vault selection option for the search and list of logins in its window, it does not affect the inline menu (dropdown suggestions) when you're inside a username/password field on a website.

If you want only specific vault(s) to be included in the inline menu, you need to turn off all other vaults from the extension's settings page:

1. Right-click the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. In the settings page that opens, scroll all the way to the bottom until you see your account(s) and vaults within it.
    3. Turn off/disable any and all vaults you do NOT want to show up or be suggested when you autofill.

Every vault you turn off will be removed from both the extension's window (the search view and the list of logins), and from the autofill suggestions in the inline menu itself.

If you have specific login entries you do not want to show up in your browser, it is best to create a new vault, put all such logins into that vault and turn it off in the extension's settings page.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I had already done that, yet the extension was still showing results from disabled vaults on first launch

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kop48 ,

To clarify, when you turn off a vault(s) in the extension's settings page, it will no longer show any of its content when you're on "All Vaults" view, but it will still show up in the view selector. If you select that particular vault, then you will see its content in the extension's window.

Turning off a vault in the settings page will make it so that its content won't be available in the "All Vaults" view and it will no longer show suggestions from within that vault when you try to autofill. The only way to access content from that vault would be to open the extension, select that vault from the view picker and find what you need there.

Are you still getting autofill suggestions of items that are found in the vault you disabled when you visit websites?

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having trouble reproing it exactly, but yeah, it was only for autofill content.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you find a way to reproduce it, let us know. It should definitely not be possible if the vault is disabled in the extension's settings :)

This discussion has been closed.