How can I adjust the default time before 1password requires me to login again?

Options

I work from my home office and the default time out for being logged into 1password in Chrome on a Windows 10 machine is too short. How can extend the amount of time I have between needs to login with my master password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:default sign out time

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @choosethewrench ,

If the 1Password extension in your browser is integrated with the 1Password desktop app that is installed on your computer, you'll want to adjust these settings in the desktop app's settings page under the Security tab.

In case you don't have the 1Password desktop app installed or if the extension is not integrated to the desktop app, simply right-click the extension's icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings", then adjust the auto-lock settings under the security section there.

Keep in mind that if the extension is not integrated to the desktop app, it will lock up whenever you close the browser regardless of the auto-lock settings. If that is the scenario you're encountering here, I'd recommend you install the 1Password desktop app on your computer and let the extension integrate with it, which will allow it to remain unlocked even if you close the browser.

This discussion has been closed.