Must use master password each time with Chrome

Options
ChanelCinq
ChanelCinq
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

So I use my fingerprint to unlock the 1Password app on my MacBook Pro. I have it set so I only have to actually enter my password once a month. For the longest time that is all I had to do. I use my fingerprint for everything on my computer. But now for about 6 months or so doesn't talk to the Chrome Extention. And every time I do anything I have to go hunt down my master password and copy and paste it into the Chrome Extention. There must be a solution to this as it is a giant pain in the rear. Please help!

By the way, I did a search for "Chrome" in the lobby of the community form and no results came back. Maybe that was too broad but I did try to search.

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 and 2.1.3
OS Version: 11.5.2

Comments

• ChanelCinq
    ChanelCinq
    Community Member
    Options

So I have 2 Chrome extensions but it appears one is for the browser and one is for the app. Maybe this is my problem. Please assist.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ChanelCinq!

So I have 2 Chrome extensions

This might be part of the confusion. Which one of the two extensions is this behavior happening with?

• ChanelCinq
    ChanelCinq
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think it is though. One is for the app version and one is for the web version. I tried removing one a time and there is always a part of it that does not work right. How do I get help with this?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ChanelCinq ,

We strongly recommend that you remove the "1Password extension(desktop app required)" extension, and stick to "1Password - Password Manager".
    It can and should connect to your 1Password desktop app and unlock with Touch ID, which we will troubleshoot.

Please try the following after you remove the extension I mentioned above:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon in your Mac's menu bar (where the clock is) and select "Quit 1Password Completely".
    2. Go to your Applications folder and delete the 1Password app. Do not use any 3rd party cleaning apps! Perform this task manually and your data will not be deleted.
    3. Restart your Mac.
    4. Download and install a fresh copy of 1Password: https://1password.com/downloads/
    5. Open 1Password, then open your browser, wait a few moments and see if the extension unlocked on its own.

If it did, it is now connected to the desktop app and will lock/unlock with it (and will also allow you to unlock it with Touch ID.
    In case the issue persists, please send us the following to support+x@1password.com:

This discussion has been closed.