Open In 1Password in Quick Access doesn't work

Options
namiaro
namiaro
Community Member

Hey,
I'd like to report an issue with "Open In 1Password" in Quick Access menu - it doesn't work. Clicking it doesn't bring up 1Password which is minimized to tray. Ctrl+Shift+O shortcut also doesn't work.

EDIT:
There is also more serious issue with this - instead of bringing up 1Password window, clicking "Open In 1Password" globally resets the selection of Vault/Collection from current selected Vault/Collection to the main account view.

1Password for Windows 8.4.0 80400043, Windows 11.

Comments

• Hi @namiaro I totally see what you mean. We do have a fix for that ready to go and it should be released to you very soon!

As for the view being reset to the main account view: we do not currently have the bookkeeping in place to determine the most specific route for an item. However, I will report this issue to the team so that they are aware of it.

Thank you again for reporting these issues, we really appreciate it!

Emily

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I can confirm the first statement : searching an item using quick access and selecting "open in 1Password" doesn't work when 1P is in the system tray here. Nothing happens.

It works if the main 1Password window is already opened on the desktop but it doesn't bring it on top of other windows. I just tested with Firefox opened and 1Password stayed in the back, but the correct entry was displayed when I manually brought the main window on top of Firefox.

1Password 8.4.0-40, Windows 10 with latest updates.

• @J.M thank you for also reporting this! One of our amazing devs has already fixed this issue, and you should see the fix in your 1Password app very soon. Have a great day!

• BSi
    BSi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @emily.georgakopoulos, there's another annoyance with the Quick Access keyboard shortcuts, which is actually, well, the shortcut to show the available keyboard shortcuts :) Pressing CTRL+/ while the Quick Access window is open does not do anything.

Could your devs also fix it too?

I'm using 1Password 80400048

• @BSi ahh yes I see what you mean. Thank you for reporting this! It turns out one of our devs has already fixed this as well, so you will hopefully see this fix in your app very soon!

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Just tested:

• if the main 1Password interface is not opened (1P only resides in Windows tray), hitting CTRL + / will open the main interface and show the keyboard shortcuts
    • if the main interface is opened it works too, but if 1P is in the background (behind other programs in full screen), it won't bring it on top, so it will give the impression that it doesn't work.

Maybe having a little popup with keyboard shortcuts just below the quick access bar would be more convenient rather than opening the main interface.

1Password 8.4.0-45, Windows 10 with latest updates.

This discussion has been closed.