Extension not working in FireFox on 1 computer but works on another

Options

Experiencing a very odd problem here. Both a colleague and I use 1Password (2 separate accounts) on two separate Windows 10 computers (she's at another office) running the SAME version of Firefox (94.0.1 64-bit) and the SAME version of the 1Password extension (2.1.4). However, when she tries to log in through the extension, after she enters her password and presses Enter, nothing happens. Pressing enter or clicking the right-arrow next to the password field does not respond at all.

We've tried 1. restarting the computer, 2. removing and reinstalling the the 1Password extension, 3. refreshing Firefox, 4. reinstalling Firefox (plus another restart of the computer), and nothing fixes the issue. I have no issue at all logging in at all through the extension on my computer. So very, very strange.

The only way she's able to get the extension to work is signing in through my.1password.com, so at least she's able to use it, but something very strange is still going on. Is anyone else experiencing this?

1Password Version: n/a
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @usagora:

I'm sorry to hear your coworker is running into this. We're currently investigating a bug where the arrow button shown doesn't unlock 1Password in your browser and it sounds like that's causing part of their issues.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, your coworker is entering the correct password, with the focus remaining in the password field, and then hitting the Enter key on their keyboard?

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#10977

• usagora
    usagora
    Community Member
    Options

@jack.platten

Yes, I watched her do it remotely about 6 times. No error message or anything. Simply nothing happens once she hits the "Enter" key on her keyboard or clicks on the arrow to the right of the password field.

• @usagora:

Thanks for providing some more details. Since it sounds like we'll need to take a closer look at your coworker's setup, please have them follow these steps, Save a console log for 1Password in your browser, and then email the file to support+forum@1password.com. They'll receive a Support ID that looks like this, [#ABC-12345-678] if you could post that ID here so we can follow up there.

Thanks!

• usagora
    usagora
    Community Member
    Options

@jack.platten

Sounds like a plan. I will call her tomorrow and get it done. I appreciate your help!

• You are very welcome @usagora! :smile:

• usagora
    usagora
    Community Member
    Options

@""jack.platten"

I've just emailed the console log from my coworker's Firefox browser. Support ID = [#ZPJ-41181-788]

• Oldmanbob
    Oldmanbob
    Community Member
    Options

I have a very similar problem, but for the extension on Chrome browser. It started maybe a couple of days ago. When you press the arrow key to log in nothing happens. I've also already tried restarting the computer, removing and reinstalling 1Password extension, but it hasn't helped.

• Hi @usagora:

I've located your email in our system and we'll be in touch after we've taken a look at it. Thanks!

@Oldmanbob:

Just to confirm, are you able to press Enter to log in? As I mentioned, we're currently investigating a bug where the arrow button doesn't respond, but pressing Enter on your keyboard should work.

Jack

ref: ZPJ-41181-788

• usagora
    usagora
    Community Member
    Options

@jack.platten Thank you. But actually (in light of your response to @Oldmanbob), as mentioned in my OP, pressing the Enter key on the keyboard doesn't work either. So it's actually both arrow button (on 1Password extension UI) AND the Enter key (on keyboard) that aren't working. Again, doing either doesn't generate any error dialogues - they simply appear to do nothing.

• Oldmanbob
    Oldmanbob
    Community Member
    Options

@jack.platten Actually, yes, pressing enter on the keyboard does work! Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great @Oldmanbob !
    Thanks for letting us know.

@usagora We'll continue this via email :)

• usagora
    usagora
    Community Member
    Options

@jack.platten @ag_yaron I replied to the email just now, but I wanted to update the public thread as well. It turns out that I was mistaken in my OP. Both I and my coworker are actually experiencing the bug exactly as described. I thought the Enter key wasn't working on her computer, but that's apparently because she or I had clicked on the arrow first, which took the focus off the password field (and the Enter key only works when the focus is in the password field). And I must not have been trying the arrow key on my computer, because I see now that clicking the arrow doesn't work on my computer either. Sorry for the confusion!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing the update with the community @usagora :+1:

• heindrich
    heindrich
    Community Member
    Options

Kas siin on ainult formate Voi etevotete kontod Voi Saab oma mingid algajate Krupi Ka proovida .

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @heindrich ,
    Saate registreeruda tasuta 14-päevaseks prooviperioodiks siin: https://1password.com/sign-up

This discussion has been closed.