Duo passback to v8

Options

I didn't have this issue with v7 but on a corporate managed machine I seem to get hung setting up the v8 client after successfully authenticating with Duo (meaning the U2F/WebAuthn prompt was accepted). It tries to hand the session back to the client but hangs.

If I flip the duo account to bypass it registers the client with no issue. This was using a teams account with Duo enabled. A family account with standard U2F worked without issue.

I can't duplicate this on my home PC so I'm sure it is something with our config, but I'm not sure where else to look. I've checked the site settings for all stages of the transaction and nothing seems to let it talk. Do I need to add 1password.com to the trusted sites list explicitly for this passback to work?

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 2.1.8
OS Version: Win 10 1809

Comments

• lspeterman
    lspeterman
    Community Member
    Options

Bumping this back up. Win version is now 20H2. The Duo bypass work around now seems to be a temp fix only, as the extension is trying to call the client to keep state. Is this a bug or a browser config issue?

89.0.774.75 is the Edge version.

• Hi @lspeterman , thanks for bumping this thread here. Our team is looking into the issue and will be updating as soon as we can. Our apologies for the disruption this has caused!

ref: dev/core/core#11393

• lspeterman
    lspeterman
    Community Member
    Options

Peter, if you want to close this one, I opened a thread in the windows section with a support ticket attached.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @lspeterman, thank you for letting us know. I will close this discussion and we can continue in the other one you opened if necessary :+1:

This discussion has been closed.