[Feature Request] - Filter all passwords with 2FA codes

sspaus
sspaus
Community Member

I am still deciding whether to migrate all of my 2FA codes from Authy to 1Password. It is MUCH more convenient with the 2 codes I have already moved across to 1Password. But I have about 28x 2FA codes in Authy right now.

The one concern I have is when thinking about the future. I moved from Dashlane to 1Password this year after their software had seen zero innovation for a couple of years. As all of my 2FA codes were in Authy, this was relatively straightforward and took me about 6 hours. (I checked if each password had the associated notes moved across too. Other than that, it was instantaneous).

However, if I decide that 1Password doesn't meet my needs in 2-3 years from now, the migration would not be so simple.

Migrating away from 1Password would need to be done in 2 stages. First, I would need to find each password which has a 2FA code and migrate those one by one. There is currently no way to filter the 2FA-based passwords. Then the second stage would be to move the rest of the data, which is more straightforward. The only thing I can think of right now is to literally write "2FA" somewhere in the notes field of each password that has this, then you can filter by searching for that word.

I always tend to think ahead several years for everything I buy or subscribe to because I have been burned in the past by software companies that have gone downhill (such as Dashlane) or for software that simply stands still and is not worth the money anymore (e.g MindMeister).

By the way, I love 1Password so far, no complaints. But I'm always ready to move my dollars when companies stop innovating.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sspaus:

There is currently no way to filter the 2FA-based passwords.

You currently have two ways to do it: you can add a tag to these items (for example, 2FA_activated), or you can use the advanced search options in the 1Password for Mac app (Edit menu > Find > Show Search Options):

• sspaus
    sspaus
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana The tag option is a good suggestion for Windows. Cheers!

• On behalf of Ana, you're very welcome @sspaus! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.