All login icons missing in autofill dialog on Safari on Monterey

Options
maxxitbaby
maxxitbaby
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi guys,

I'm on 7.9.1 from the App Store and all icons are missing in the Safari autofill dialogs:

e.g.

The icons are all available in 1Password mini and 1Password

What I've tried:

• changed the icons (smaller files, different extensions) in the entries several times
  • reinstalled 1Password from the App Store
  • tried the website version (after deleted all 1Password files/preferences/system library files, …)
  • restarted the browser extension several times
  • restarted the 1Password Extension-Helper from Help->Troubleshooting menu several times
  • deleted "1Password Data…" from Help->Troubleshooting

Please help!

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maxxitbaby!

changed the icons (smaller files, different extensions) in the entries several times

Our developers are aware of a bug that can appear after manually editing the icons for certain items. It looks like this is exactly what is happening in your case too, so I will let them know that you have also encountered this issue :+1:

ref: apple-5529

• maxxitbaby
    maxxitbaby
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the fast response but all my items are affected. Even those that don’t get a custom icon.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @maxxitbaby ,

The only thing we can suggest at the moment is that you give 1Password 8 a try, where things should work well even if you have custom icons. Here's how:

1. Install 1Password 8: https://downloads.1password.com/mac/1PasswordBeta.zip
    2. Install 1Password for Safari: https://apps.apple.com/il/app/1password-for-safari/id1569813296?mt=12
    3. Restart the computer.
    4. Open and unlock 1Password 8.
    5. Open Safari, then go to Safari -> Preferences -> Extensions , make sure that "1Password for Safari" is listed there and is enabled with a check mark.
    6. Test and see if you can now see icons of your login entries in Safari.
This discussion has been closed.