Feature request: Access previously used passwords in app

Options
wmoore
wmoore
Community Member

Howdy folks, this may well be on the roadmap already but I couldn't see an existing discussion for it so I thought I'd get the conversation going. The request is simple enough:

When accessing 1Password via the browser items have a "Show Previously Used Passwords" button. It would be great if this functionality was accessible from the Linux app as well.

1Password Version: 1Password for Linux 8.4.0 80400045, on BETA chann
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Arch Linux

Comments

• Hi @wmoore:

For Login and Password items, clicking the down arrow in the password field will let you view password history.

Jack

• wmoore
    wmoore
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh thank you!

With this in mind may I humbly suggest that the use of hover for these UI elements is not a super great fit in a desktop application. Whist they make the UI look clean there is a discoverability issue that I accidentally demonstrated here. Perhaps the decision to only reveal the arrow on hover could be reconsidered to help prevent others hitting a similar issue in the future. Anyway, just a suggestion. I'm glad I now know how to access the password history in-app.

• @wmoore:

Glad to hear you were able to find it, and I can definitely see how the hover there made it more difficult to discover. I've added your feedback internally to see if we can make it a bit smoother in the future. Thanks again for letting us know about this, and please don't hesitate to get in touch again if you have any other questions or concerns!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#11275

This discussion has been closed.