TouchID MacBook Pro issue

Options
rujamajoco
rujamajoco
Community Member

I cannot find any open issues on the forum, so I will ask/notify you of a problem.

I have MacBook Pro 2018 with T2 chip, running Monterey 12.0.1, but issue was also present before upgrade from Big Sur. 1 Password Version 7.9.1

TouchId became unreliable on the Mac for all uses a couple of weeks ago, eg Screenlock, and 1Password or any App.
I tried all published fixes for macOS, eg reset SMC, reset PRAM, safe mode, delete and reenter fingerprints, but it worked once or twice and then stopped or was very slow (20 secs to recognise a fingerprint)
So I decide to change 1Password options to use my Apple Watch as well as, and later instead of TouchID.
But I could not get it work, ie 1Password never offered the Watch unlock even though it was set in the preferences, even after a reboot.
So I turned off Touch ID option in 1 Password, and the all the Mac TouchId problems went away immediately, so screen lock and every other App could function normally again.

In other words 1 Password seemed to interfering with TouchID working properly, and it did not even have to have been opened for it to do this interfering.

Now I have reenabled TouchID in 1 Password, and everything appears to working normally for all Apps, so 1Password, so far, is not interfering again.

Mystery!

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: 7.9.1
OS Version: 12.0.1
Referrer: forum-search:touchid MacBook Pro fix

Comments

• rujamajoco
    rujamajoco
    Community Member
    Options

I spoke too soon! It has all gone to rats*** again and Touchid not working for any app. I will try removing touchid options or reinstalling 1 password and all the other Mac Touchid tricks until one works again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rujamajoco:

I spoke too soon! It has all gone to rats*** again and Touchid not working for any app.

It sounds like something went wrong with Touch ID directly in macOS, which would explain why this is not working in any app. Have you managed to find a solution already?

This discussion has been closed.