To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

iPhone password fails to sync to Mac and iPad

Options
JimS46
JimS46
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Memberships

I added a Login entry into 1Password on my iPhone 13 mini (iOS 15.1) and expected it to show up in 1Password on my MacBook Pro 16in 2021 (macOS Monterey Version 12.0.1) but it did not. Also it didn't show up in 1Password on my iPad Pro 11in (iPadOS 15.1).

My iPhone 1Password Settings shows Version 7.9.3 and has a Sync entry that has a Sync Now that doesn't seem to do anything - Primary shows iCloud as the Sync Service.

My MacBook Pro 1Password About shows Version 7.9.1 and I cannot find a Sync Now entry in Preferences nor can I find a Sync Service entry. (I am assuming it is iCloud.)

My iPad Pro 1Password Settings shows Version 7.9.3 but I don't see a Sync entry nor an entry for the service used to sync. (I am assuming it is iCloud.)

All are connected to the same WiFi and the same Apple iCloud account with the same Master Password. I have plenty of iCloud storage.

I logged in to my.1password.com in Safari and the entry did not show up there either.

My Mac is new (a week and a half) and my iPhone is relatively new (about 1 month). I've had the iPad Pro for 1 year and a half. I'm not sure if I've added a new entry in 1Password since I bought the Mac or the iPhone. The databases were all in sync before I added the new entry.

I suppose you could partially blame it on Apple iCloud support. But, it's been almost 24 hours and the new entry hasn't shown up in 1Password on the Mac nor the iPad. It doesn't look like it's going to show up at all.

What's going on?

1Password Version: 7.9.1 and 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Monterey 12.0.1
Referrer: forum-search:iPhone password fails to sync to Mac and iPad

Comments

• Hi @JimS46:

Just as an FYI, I've moved your thread to our Memberships section. :smile:

It sounds like on your iPhone, you're using iCloud to sync your Primary vault, but may be using a 1Password account on your other devices to sync. It's possible that you have added this new Login item to your iCloud vault instead of a vault stored in your 1Password account. Since it sounds like we'll need to take a closer look at how your devices are set up to make sure we can get all of them using your 1Password account, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• JimS46
    JimS46
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack,

Yes, that was it. Thank you. The item was in Primary but should have been in Personal.

I find that very confusing. Apparently, Primary uses iCloud to sync and Personal uses a 1Password repository(?) I have everything in Personal, but for some reason, the iPhone defaulted to Primary for a new entry. Why would I want to have a Personal repository and a Primary repository? (I get them confused because they both begin with P :-)

I deleted the Primary entry and added it to Personal successfully. But now, iPhone 1Password thinks I have a Reused Password. On the iPhone Categories view, All Items shows 362 items. In the Settings, Vaults, Personal, Items shows 363 items (includes the item deleted from the Primary vault?).

Settings, Vaults shows "Always Open To" All Vaults. I changed the Settings, Vaults, All Vaults, Vault for Saving to Personal.

Can I just delete the Primary Vault? Why would I need it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JimS46:

Can I just delete the Primary Vault? Why would I need it?

It sounds like you moved all your items from the Primary to the Personal vault, so if that's the case you can definitely remove your old Primary vault (which was the one you were using before you created a 1Password account).

This discussion has been closed.